Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Miracle League of Frisco ~

Since I want to do better at keeping the new blog current... we need to talk about SOCCER!! Carter started playing soccer two Saturdays ago. My wonderful friend told about the Miracle League last year for her boys and I couldn't wait to get Carter playing! He really loves it! He doesn't quite get the whole concept, but he likes kicking the ball. He is of course the smallest little dude out there, but it's really cute to watch him run and try to keep up. Sean is coaching and having fun too! It's been awhile since he played soccer!

Here are the pictures from his first game ~ there is also a video of Carter & his friends at the end of this post
 (I want to apologize for the quality of the pictures, parents have to sit behind a glass wall-
 the glass in front of my seat was really dirty! sorry!)



 this is his newest "thing"- he thinks it is SO funny to fall down and throw his legs in the air!
He must be attention deprived ~


He thought it was hilarious that I was behind the glass...
and of course, everyone in the stands was laughing at him
pressing his face on the glass ~
& don't worry, I'm sure there were no germs on that glass. 



 getting the hang of it!

forget the ball... look at this colorful goal!


Here is a little video I made of Carter & his friends ~


So much fun!
I think the minute you find out your are going to have a son visions of baseball games, soccer games and sports fill your mind. Sean & I have always been huge sports fans and
this is a realization we didn't know if we would ever experience with our son.
I want to give a HUGE thank you and shout out to the Miracle League of Frisco.
They are an amazing group of people who volunteer countless hours to make sure
EVERY child gets to play and participate.
No matter the disability, No matter the obstacle- everyone is encouraged and gets a chance to play.
If your child could benefit from The Miracle League- I encourage you to call
If you would like to volunteer to make a difference in a child's life- Call- I know they need more volunteers!

Check out their main website to watch an incredible video (get your tissue) and find a league near you~

and watch out David Beckham... Carter is gonna be practicing!